Relieve Pain. Enjoy Happy Feet.
Custom orthotics are custom-made shoe inserts that are intended to adjust an abnormal, or irregular, walking pattern. They perform functions that make standing, walking, and running more comfortable and efficient by optimizing the alignment between the foot and the lower leg. Orthotics control each phase of the walking cycle, from the moment your heel contacts the ground to when your toes push off the surface.
Orthotics can often enhance comfort and prevent additional problems from developing, such as bunions, corns, and calluses. At Performance Health Group we prescribe orthotics as a conservative approach to many foot (plantar fasciitis), knee (“runner’s knee”), hip and sometimes even low back problems. Their use is a highly successful, practical form of treatment
Why Orthotics Will Help You
An average day of walking brings a force equal to several hundred tons to bear on the feet. This helps explain why your feet are more subject to injury than any other part of your body. Fitting patients with custom orthotics can improve posture, restore normal biomechanics of the feet as well as maximize comfort, support, and shock absorption.
Who Will Best Benefit
75% of people will experience foot pain in their lives from poor-fitting footwear, working on their feet for long hours, or high-impact activities.
Feet provide the foundation for the entire body. Any deviation from normal structure and/or function can result in not only foot pain but also knee, hip, and back pain. This can contribute to conditions such as:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
PROFESSIONALS THAT PROVIDE ORTHOTICS
Orthotics – The Myth
Orthotics are more than just an arch support and not just for seniors or athletes.
Many people believe that custom orthotics make your feet dependent on them or weaken your foot muscles and that is just NOT true.
The truth is that when people wear orthotics, the foot muscles are more engaged and happy!
At Performance Health Group, our practitioners will take the time to determine if orthotics will be beneficial for you.
Serving you in convenient locations.
- F.M.I was pleasantly surprised by the sense of community, the warmth, and friendliness at the clinic when I came for my first visit. I’m now hooked! Addicted!
- Jenny S.They work together as a team. I have so much trust in the whole set-up they have in place. The Doctor works with me and my comfort zone instead of doing what they want to do. They look at you as a whole person and are sensitive to you and who you are.
- Jeff G.They are professional and consistent. They take their time to ask the right questions to see what's the root problem. It's the best service I've ever had. In my opinion, they're the best in the industry.
- Patrick and Scarlet M.Performance Health Group’s Active Release Techniques® saved our dance career. Otherwise we would have spent another competition watching from the stands. Instead, we were able to enter and win the US Salsa Open in July 2013. Since then, we have become 3x Canadian salsa champions, multi-time world medalists, and Scarlet herself a world champion. Thank you just doesn't cut it!
- Robert S.I really like the office and their attitude. I'm very familiar with Chiro clinics because I used to consult them. I know when I've found a good one.
- Sherry R.All around health care - not just about the thing you have an issue with. They're accommodating, positive, they FIX YOU. I tell them my story and my experience. I'm walking proof that what they did WORKS.
- Gabriela E.Just go there! You'll be very well taken care of and healed. They're pleasant, competent, friendly.
- Sherry M.They are professional and have a genuine interest in the client's well-being.
- Jenny S.A team of healthcare professionals that look at your health needs holistically and are there to provide any assistance possible. ** I LOVE going there and I love the results I get from there. Completely trustable. I'm lucky that I landed on the right place. I talk about them to everyone, all the time.
- JoAnn P.It's a great place. The people I've met there are reliably helpful. Very welcoming and non-dismissing to older people and that's very important to me.”
- Braden C.Active Release Techniques® was new to me and I didn’t know it would be so effective. In less than a month, I increased mobility and range of motion, and the pain was almost gone permanently. I would recommend it to anyone!
- Ursula C.I’ve loved the clinic from my first visit. This experience has been better than any other and I recommend that anyone suffering with headaches get chiropractic care at Performance Health Group. It is great and the only way to go.
- Pam S.The doctor had recommended that I rest, stay off my feet and ‘no exercise’. I was not prepared to put my life ‘on hold’! In a very short time being treated with Active Release Techniques®, Physiotherapy modalities, ice and gentle adjustments, I was able to resume my regular activities and now am free from pain and restriction.
- Sherry R.My experience starts as I walk through the door. They are caring and the service is amazing. They go above and beyond. It’s not just a Chiro visit. I feel part of the family.
- Lynn T.I have felt very comfortable from my very first visit. I find the practitioners to be personable and professional in their approach to my total wellness. They always provide time to listen to my injuries or complaints and addresses each with lots of explanation.
- Mrs. E.M.HIt seems like I have been suffering from leg pain for 20 years. I tried everything! After several treatments, the pain in my left thigh is almost completely gone. I am very grateful to Performance Health Group for their healing powers.
- AndreaI had never had Active Release Techniques® (ART) before and was very pleasantly surprised with the results. I went to three or four sessions over two weeks and my symptoms virtually disappeared. ART is truly amazing; it really works!
- Sean R.L.After a total of four visits, along with a steady effort on the exercises, I am able to get out and push hard on the bike without coming home in pain. Now, that’s really good!
- Rossano G.I have been a member of the Italian National Rowing Team for 23 years, participating in 6 Olympic Games. In the last 10 years of my career I came to know the benefits of Chiropractic care, discovering the efficacy of these treatments allowing me to train at a high level resolving and/or preventing musculoskeletal injuries.
- Jillian W.Performance Health Group's massage therapists are absolutely fantastic! I've been consistently going for the last year. They are warm, down to earth and can rock out a great therapeutic massage.
- Peter B.The registered massage therapists at Performance Health Group helped me to stay injury free and to run the Vancouver Marathon fast enough to qualify for Boston; a goal which I thought was out of reach. Thanks for everything!
- Simone RaineriChiropractic has helped me improve my athletic performance because it has allowed me to train harder and in perfect balance, maximizing my potential.
- Paul McCallumAs a Kicker with the BC lions for 21 CFL seasons I have been coming to Performance Health Group for 20 years and there is a reason for it. They are very good at what they do and they care! They are always learning and finding the latest techniques to help you. I don't know if I would have played that long if I was not seeing them.
- Laurie HardingFor the last 10 years Dr Rob and his team at PHG has helped me to train, recover from injury and avoid surgery. I was originally referred by friends when I was waiting to be referred for surgery on a repetitive strain injury. They convinced me to give Dr. Rob a try to see if he could help. I was skeptical that a chiropractor could help the problem. After a few treatments, my shoulder was feeling much better and the surgery was never scheduled. Laurie Harding
- Solomon ElimimianDr Nielsen and the PHG team has played an important part in keeping me healthy and on the field. Prior to seeing Rob I had been dealing with hamstring issues, his Active Release Techniques® and treatment approach has allowed me to stay healthy. I appreciate the work Rob and the PHG team do in order to keep my body feeling great allowing me to perform at a top level.